This is a great refreshing summer treat that is gluten free and dairy free, raw and vegan, bringing only good fats and yummy healthy tasty delights to the dessert table…wow!!! Need I say more?
I know I could stop there but I cannot help myself. I get excited about avocados and here is why…
The avocado is such a unique fruit. Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, the avocado is super high in healthy fats. Numerous studies show that it has powerful beneficial effects on health including the following:
- avocado oil are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil.
- Avocados tend to be high in fiber, about 7% by weight, which is very high compared to most other foods. Fiber can have various important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health and cancer prevention and cardio-protective.
- Avocados are high in antioxidants, including Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients are very important for eye health and lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Numerous studies have shown that eating avocado can improve heart disease risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol, as well as blood triglycerides.
- One dietary survey found that people who ate avocados had a much higher nutrient intake and had a lower risk of insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.
- Studies have shown that eating avocado or avocado oil with veggies can dramatically increase the amount of antioxidants you take in.
A single serving of avocado also contains these amazing nutrients
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
- Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
- Avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium and they are also low in saturated fats
So top off tonight’s dinner with this awesome dessert and enjoy!
- 3 zest of limes variety
- 2 ripe avocados peeled & pitted
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup coconut milk sweetened
Mix in a blender and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.