I have been getting some good blog feedback lately and what I am hearing is that I am apparently slightly kale obsessed. Not that there is anything wrong with this…but there is so much more to healthy living than kale and I want to share it all with you! So today I am moving along and moving forward onto my next favorite green; collards, just kidding. This green issue is not the leafy green type, it’s about ‘house green and clean’ and I have to say for the sake of our ultimate health and that of our families, our bodies and also that of the sake of the health of the planet, let’s not contribute to creating a more toxic home. House green and clean and feel the difference! Here are some tips on how you can do it!
Here is a list of natural products that will get you on your way to cleaning naturally:
- Baking Soda – good for scrubbing dirty surface also reacts to lemon and vinegar.
- Borax – It whitens, and deodorizes area and surface.
- Lemon Juice – Deodorizes, disinfects and cut through greases.
- Olive Oil – Removes dirt and polishes wood surface.
- Cornstarch – Can be used to polish furniture and clean windows.
- Vinegar – Loosen dirt and disinfects.
- Washing Soda – Good rust and stain remover.
- Castile Soap – Good foaming Cleaner.
Essential oils of thymol and tea tree and lemon can be added to cleanse while lavender, peppermint, lemon can add powerful healing aromas.
Store bought options:
Biokleen Super Concentrated All Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser works in every room in the house, including the bathroom, without harsh chemicals and fumes that can be released with steam when you take a hot shower.
Bon Ami Powder Cleanser is an oldie but goodie. First produced in 1886, it’s still used today for scrubbing away grease and grime using all-natural ingredients like the mineral feldspar, limestone, and palm oils.
Green Works Natural Dishwashing Liquid is made with plant-based, biodegradable ingredients and has no harsh chemical fumes.
Seventh Generation Natural Automatic Dishwasher Gel is made of lemon, grapefruit, and other natural ingredients to help keep your dishes clean and your air chlorine-free.
For more information: