T’is the fresh corn season and you do not want to miss out this yummy sweet summer delightful produce.
Corn is the perfect high fiber, low-cal way to add a sweet crunchy flavor to any of your summer dishes.
With the tomato crop being so plentiful as well this season, i thought to create a combo salsa that is delicious, healthful, and perfect with flackers, chips, as a side dish alone or with baked summer fresh potatoes.
This salsa is low in everything: calories, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrate and fat, but not in flavor. It boasts corn, which is a whole grain and tomatoes, which are rich in antioxidants. The perfect yummy guilt-free summer treat.
- 3 cups chopped seeded tomato (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatillos (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained. You can also soak you own overnight, rinse, cook or-rinse and sprout them for a few days then use
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus rind (must be organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, small jalapeno or chipotle pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; cover and chill and enjoy!