It is that time of year again. Birds singing, sun shining and oh ya, time for some Spring cleaning! For the sake of our planet and the health of our bodies, let’s not contribute to creating a more toxic environment. Spring clean and green this year! Here is how you can do it!
Here is a list of natural products that will get you on your way to cleaning naturally:
- Baking Soda – good for scrubbing dirty surface also reacts to lemon and vinegar.
- Borax – It whitens, disinfects, and deodorizes area and surface.
- Lemon Juice – Deodorizes, disinfects and cut through greases.
- Olive Oil – Removes dirt and polishes wood surface.
- Cornstarch – Can be used to polish furniture and clean windows.
- Vinegar – Loosen dirt and disinfects.
- Washing Soda – Good rust and stain remover.
- Castile Soap – Good foaming Cleaner.
Biokleen Super Concentrated All Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser works in every room in the house, including the bathroom, without harsh chemicals and fumes that can be released with steam when you take a hot shower.
Bon Ami Powder Cleanser is an oldie but goodie. First produced in 1886, it’s still used today for scrubbing away grease and grime using all-natural ingredients like the mineral feldspar, limestone, and palm oils.
Green Works Natural Dishwashing Liquid is made with plant-based, biodegradable ingredients and has no harsh chemical fumes.
Seventh Generation Natural Automatic Dishwasher Gel is made of lemon, grapefruit, and other natural ingredients to help keep your dishes clean and your air chlorine-free.
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Liquid Dish Soap comes in extravagant scents, including basil, lavender, and lemon verbena — with no toxins such as ammonia and chlorine.
For more information: